How to get sound on old Traci videos(SlaveTrainer & Rocker vids)?
b***@home.com
2007-01-20 04:26:31 UTC
I recently got a new PC(after 6 yrs with the prior one). Some of my old
TL videos wouldn't play(mostly from SlaveTrainer and old Rocker from
approx 1999). I installed the i263 codec which got the video to work but
no audio. Now I remember there was a trick to this and still had my old
notes.

I had to copy this into the system.ini file:
VIDC.I263=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\i263_32.drv
VIDC.i420=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\i263_32.drv
msacm.imc=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\imc32.acm
(actually I put them in the SYSTEM32 dir and added "32" to the above
lines)

And I put the 2 files above into the SYSTEM32 dir and rebooted, no luck,
still video with no audio.

I notice a few posts by SlaveTrainer, nice to see he's still around.

So with am I missing to get these golden oldies to play on WinXP??

TIA!!!
SlaveTrainer
2007-01-20 05:31:53 UTC
Post by b***@home.com
I recently got a new PC(after 6 yrs with the prior one). Some of my old
TL videos wouldn't play(mostly from SlaveTrainer and old Rocker from
approx 1999). I installed the i263 codec which got the video to work but
no audio. Now I remember there was a trick to this and still had my old
notes.
VIDC.I263=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\i263_32.drv
VIDC.i420=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\i263_32.drv
msacm.imc=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\imc32.acm
(actually I put them in the SYSTEM32 dir and added "32" to the above
lines)
And I put the 2 files above into the SYSTEM32 dir and rebooted, no luck,
still video with no audio.
I notice a few posts by SlaveTrainer, nice to see he's still around.
So with am I missing to get these golden oldies to play on WinXP??
TIA!!!
You need to make some registry entries to make it all work correctly.
Copy the following into notepad then save it with a .reg suffix
(VIDCI263.reg)

Start copy --->

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\drivers.desc]
"i263_32.drv"="Intel I.263 Video Driver 2.55.012"
"imc32.acm"="Intel Music Coder"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32]
"vidc.i263"="i263_32.drv"
"vidc.i420"="i263_32.drv"
"msacm.imc"="imc32.acm"

<--- End copy

After you save this as a .reg file double click it to install. It
should work after that.

ST
r***@home.com
2007-01-23 07:37:52 UTC
[...]